Hi girls! As you know, International Women’s Day is near, so leading up to March 8th, I thought it would be nice to prepare a blog post with DIY and 100% natural beauty treatments.
For the uninitiated, March 8th is the day in which the social, political and economic achievements of women are celebrated.
I thought that this would be the right occasion to spoil ourselves a bit, giving us a day at the spa without having to leave home. In this way, we could avoid the traffic to get to the spa. Above all, it is known it is always difficult to book an appointment at a beauty salon on a holiday without spending a fortune. Last but not least, we can have fun preparing all the products and personalizing them as we like.
Then, if we do all this with our best friends or our daughters, it will be even more fun. Right?😉
For our homemade Spa day, I thought of beauty treatment for the whole body, from the hair to the feet. What do you think? I hope this idea sounds tempting to you, because, yes, it does tempt me! 😂
Arm yourself with a glass of wine, a good juice or a hot herbal tea according to your preferences. Obviously, a small diary and a pencil to take notes may also come in handy. Make yourself comfortable and let’s see how to enjoy this special day together.
Table of Contents
Seven natural beauty treatments for the whole body
On International Women’s Day, we obviously have to take some time to pamper ourselves, to take care of all 360 degrees of our body. Let’s see how we will achieve this together:
- A facial cleansing treatment with 100 percent natural products that you will surely have at home. Ok, maybe not all of them, but most of them.😁
- A remedy to reduce the visibility of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- A natural wax.
- A moisturizing after a shower that you can apply after you have washed off the wax.
- A hair mask to nourish and strengthen the hair.
- A hair-tips protection.
- A scrub for your feet, which will help you return to soft skin, like when you were a child.😍
Let’s start with our natural beauty treatment.
Are you ready? Well!👍
Facial cleansing treatment
Let’s see how to do a DIY facial cleansing, that is maybe even better than the one done by the beautician. You will have to let me know after trying it!
The whole procedure for cleaning the face will consist of 3 steps.
First of all, we are going to create an exfoliating mask. This is a mask that is going to open the pores of the face to eliminate all the impurities of the skin.
- Wash and dry five oranges.
- Peel them, trying not to break the peel excessively, since it will be the base of the mask we are going to make.
- Cut the peels into small pieces and place them in a low cake pan covered with foil paper.
- Bake for about two hours at 35 degrees.
- Allow the skins to cool.
- Blend them and sift them to obtain an extremely fine powder that can be kept in a closed container for about three months.
- Put two tablespoons of orange powder in a small bowl
- Add a teaspoon of aloe vera, one of honey and one of rose water.
- Stir to mix.
- Add a spoonful of lemon.
- Stir once more to mix the ingredients.
Now you just have to proceed with the application!
- Apply the mask on the dry face and also on the lips. This mask is also excellent for the lips to eliminate chaps, and for nails, too. (If you have sensitive skin, apply the scrub on damp skin).
- Massage for a few minutes to promote absorption, but without applying excessive pressure.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Proceed with rinsing.
Do you want an even more intense exfoliating effect?
If you want an even more intense exfoliating effect, take a tomato, cut it in half, and rub it all over your face. After rubbing the tomato on the skin, we rinse the face with cold water. Tomato, with its very acidic Ph, is perfect for fighting acne marks and skin blemishes.
CAUTION!! Tomato is a very acidic vegetable, so if you have very sensitive skin, I suggest you not use tomato so as not to irritate the skin too much. 😊
Purifying Face Oil
Now, it’s time for the second step of our beauty treatment for the face: the purifying face oil. You can prepare this oil by joining two oils together to your liking. Usually, the combinations I prefer are:
- Jojoba oil with three drops of lavender oil.
- Argan oil and avocado oil with three drops of eucalyptus essential oil. This combination is certainly my favorite!
Apply the purifying oil on the face and make sure to cover all the face with the oil. Then leave the oil on the face for around 2/3 minutes.
While you wait for the oil to absorb, boil a pot of water.
We use boiling water to make vapors. These vapors will help open the pores of the face skin, which will better absorb the oil we have applied.
What are vapors and how to do this?
A small parenthesis for those who do not know how to make vapors.
Once you have brought the water to boil and added the ingredients (a level spoon of baking soda and one of salt for every 150 ml of water), take a towel and place it on the pan, covering the opening. Lift the towel and put your head underneath it so that the vapors hit your face, allowing for the dilation of the pores.
Girls, I recommend being careful not to burn yourself.
Well now that we have clarified what they are and how to make the vapors let’s go back to our facial cleansing. What do you think?😉
When the water is boiled, for every 150 ml of water, add a level spoon of baking soda and one of salt and proceed to make vapors. When you make the vapors, try not to keep your head under the towel for more than five minutes, so as not to overexpose the skin.
Well. now that we are done with the vapors. we are ready for the purifying mask!
Purifying and Cleaning Face Mask
I find it fantastic. After applying it, my skin is smoother, more uniform and more compact. Let me know your feedback about this purifying mask. 😍
Now let’s see how to prepare it.
- Add the three ingredients in a container and mix well. A no-brainer right?
- Now the mask is ready to be applied.😍
- Spread the mask all over your face. avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for about ten minutes and then proceed with the rinse. To wash off the mask, we do not use water as usual, but chamomile. Yes, the one we drink in the evening before going to bed, as it relaxes us so much.😁
- Then prepare some chamomile, set it to cool and when it is cold, you can use it to wash away the purifying mask from the face.
Well girls, now let’s see the last steps for our homemade facial cleansing. After washing your face with chamomile, we can apply a nourishing cream or the purifying oil that we have prepared before if there is some leftover.
Mask against bags and dark circles
After cleaning the face, let’s see how to prepare wraps that will help us reduce the visibility of dark circles and bags under the eyes.
All of us have experienced a sleepless night, for a party, for health reasons or simply for insomnia, but the day after lack of sleep, in addition to feeling it, it also shows up under our eyes as frightening dark circles.
But today, I will reveal a quick and easy DIY method to eliminate bags and dark circles. Let’s see what the ingredients are and how to apply this mask.
You can use the infusion of chamomile or the green tea it will be the same. The important things is that you leave the tea or chamomile sachet to infuse for about ten minutes.
- Immerse the discs in the infusion for at least 10 seconds.
- Place the disks on aluminum foil and put everything in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the cotton disk out of the freezer.
- Wait for one to two minutes before applying them so that they are not too cold.
- Place them under the eyes simultaneously and wait 15 minutes before removing them.
And voila, that’s it! You can say goodbye to your dark circles!
DIY 100 Percent Natural Waxing
Unfortunately, all of us are forced to go to a beautician once a week. The luckiest of us, maybe once every two weeks to get rid of those super-unwanted hairs. Doing it alone at home with the razor is not really the case unless we want to find ourselves with a bristly brush that’s hard on the legs, right?
What would you think if I told you that now you can wax at home as if you were a beautician, or better yet, you can only use 100 percent natural products? Are you curious about it?
I know, I was also super curious about trying this recipe when I discovered it. So let’s not waste any more time and let’s see how to make homemade depilating wax with 100 percent natural ingredients.
These are the doses to deal with a mustache or to eliminate dry skin from the face. Obviously, if you want to use the wax to epilate the legs, the doses will have to be increased. These doses vary according to the area to be epilated and also based on the quantity of hairs to be removed.
- Put the lemon juice and sugar in a pot.
- Mix and remove any seeds from lemon juice.
- Add the water.
- Put the pot on the stove over low heat and continue stirring until we have obtained a thick and caramel-colored mixture.
- Remove the pot from the heat and we must have obtained a liquid and caramel-colored mixture.
- To cool the wax before using it, pour a little water on the work surface and pour the wax over the water.
- Start to detach it from the work surface, until it thickens and becomes a ball that can be taken in the hand.
- Take it in your hand and start working it with your hands, until it turns to gold. Only then will it be ready.
A little advice for the success of this natural and DIY hair removal wax:
- if the waxing is too liquid, add water
- if it is too thick, add lemon.
Now is the time to say hello hello unwanted hair!
Nourishing hair mask with only natural ingredients
Well girls, so far we have seen natural beauty treatments that affect the face and now is the time to pamper our hair a little.
So let’s see how to prepare a mask to nourish our hair and make it soft and shiny. Girls, if you have dry hair, this hair mask is a must, trust me.
- Put the ingredients in a pot.
- Stir until mixed.
- Ready to apply. 😉
- Apply the hair mask to the scalp and perform a massage to promote absorption.
- Apply a little, even on the lengths, but without excessive quantity. In fact, the hair on the ends must be damp and not wet.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Proceed with the usual shampoo. As I always remind you, girls, use natural or mild shampoos and do not forget to rinse with cold water.
Hair protection tips
This tip for protection is a breeze. I usually apply this protection immediately after shampooing, on still wet hair.
This hair-tips protection prevent split ends from appearing. In other words, you can hold on much longer before you have to thin out your hair.
Let’s see how to prepare it.
- Combine the oil you have chosen and the 20 drops of essential oil in a resealable container.
- Mix everything well and your tip protection is ready for use.
- For the doses, you can use one spoonful of oil or two, depending on how much product you want to prepare. As for the essential oil, I start from five up to a maximum of twenty drops per session if I want the scent to be more or more intense.
- As I anticipated, apply one or two drops of this oil to your hair while wet.
- For a better application, it is advisable to put one or two drops of product on your hands and rub them together so as to hold the oil on the hands in a homogeneous way.
- After that, starting from the scalp, apply the oil by carrying out a circular massage. After applying the oil on the scalp. you can concentrate and apply it to the tips.
- If the product is not enough, pour two more drops on your hands, but be careful not to overdo it or the hair will be greasy once dry.
Warning! If you have hair that tends to be oily, I advise you to apply for this protection only on the ends. In this way, we do not anoint the scalp and the hair will not be heavy and greasy immediately after shampooing.
Even the feet deserve their beauty treatment, as well as the skin of the feet, which has its sensitivity, which is why today I will also talk about a scrub that will soften, moisturize and relax our feet! This is fantastic, especially after a busy day!
You can also use brown sugar. I preferred to insert white sugar because is more delicate than brown sugar, as it has smaller granules. If you have particularly delicate skin, you can also use coconut powder. Coconut powder also has a scrubbing effect but is also more delicate than white sugar.
- Apply the scrub on the feet.
- Massage each foot for about five minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
After this scrub, you will see your feet in a different light.😂 The skin will be softer and more fragrant. And you will have gotten rid of that unsightly dry skin that forms in those places where the foot is in contact with the shoe.
The last natural beauty treatment from our homemade spa day is super moisturizing after a shower.
After taking a shower, it is always a pleasure to massage our body with nice moisturizing cream, but it is even better if the cream is homemade, and therefore 100 percent natural.
So let’s see together how to create an after shower cream that will nourish our skin and prevent it, especially in winter, from drying out or cracking.
- Massage all over the body.
- To increase its effectiveness, apply the after shower cream on still-damp skin. With this after shower cream, your skin will remain perfumed and hydrated all day long. With well-nourished and hydrated skin, you will avoid the onset of many imperfections, such as stretch marks or premature aging.
Well, girls, that’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed these natural DIY beauty recipes and that you can enjoy well-deserved quality time with yourself.
Whether you decide to use this home-made SPA day on your own, or to share it with a friend or your daughter, I hope that after these treatments, after being pampered a little, you will feel fresher, rested and ready to face another busy day.
If you are looking for more DIY ideas and natural recipes check out this blog posts:
- 7 DIY natural shampoos you must try
- How to make 9 DIY 100% natural hair masks your hair will love
- DIY Christmas Gift idea: 2 Easy beauty recipes video tutorial
- Valentine’s Day DIY beauty gift idea 2020
Well, as always see you in 2 weeks.😘
Happy International Women’s Day to All!