Some see Alopecia as a weakness, I see it as an opportunity to get Stronger
In this blog post, we will talk about:
- Rice water
- Omega 3
- Scalp massage
- Derma Roller
As you can see in this article, we will also talk about the Derma Roller. I used it against stretch marks rather than to combat hair loss. In fact, I’m still testing the product. I will use it for a while before I write a review of this product with regards to stretch marks.
Well, since there is nothing else to add, let’s see how to create DIY natural products to fight and prevent hair loss.
Before we start, here you will find previous articles related to hair loss and how to stop it:
Table of Contents
5 Hair Loss Cure 2020
The first hair loss cure 2020 we will talk about is rice water. Since ancient times, especially in Asian countries, rice water has been an ally to the beauty and health of women’s hair. During the golden age, Asian women could boast of having beautiful, very healthy and extremely long hair. Today, as then, rice water is used not only for hair care but also for skincare.
A small extra recipe for you and your skincare
Boil the rice and let it sit in boiled water for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you can filter the rice and use the water to rinse your face. Of course, make sure that the water is not too hot.
This simple product, in fact, delays and prevents aging of the skin, promoting the production of collagen.
Benefits of Rice Water for our hair
With this little extra detail, let’s get back to hair and let’s see what benefits the product brings to our hair
Rice water is rich in water-soluble vitamins and minerals. Vitamin B is particularly present, which is, among other, things responsible for the production of black pigments in the hair. This water is rich in proteins and amino acids, the reason why it is extremely nutritious. This strengthens the hair and prevents it from falling out.
Rice water is rich in inositol and carbohydrates. For this reason, the rice water in addition to protecting the hair from damages also manages to eliminate the damage already present on the hair. Lastly, rice water is acidic. Our hair does extremely well in acid environments, which is why applying this product to hair makes it smooth and soft.
Fermented rice water
Well, girls, we have seen the properties of rice water. Now let’s see the first hair loss remedy made by fermented rice water.
I advise using BIO rice if you don’t have any type of rice at home.
CAUTION!! The number of cups of rice water depends on the length of your hair. If you have long hair, I recommend using two cups of rice water. For those with medium-short hair, it is advisable not to use more than one cup. In general, I recommend not applying more than two cups of rice water during the same wash. High doses of protein could produce the opposite effect on the hair.
Before starting, an important step must be underlined: If you want to use fermented rice water, it must always be diluted. For each cup of rice water, 10 cups of normal water must be added. It is important to dilute rice water because it is rich in protein. If we treat our hair with excessive protein, it will result in tufts.
- The first step is to rinse the rice with running water two or three times. This will help eliminate impurities and debris from rice, preventing it from coming into contact with our skin and hair.
- Once you have rinsed the rice, put it in a container with the water.
- Cover the container and leave the rice to soak for about 30-60 minutes. Girls, I prefer to leave the rice to soak for 48 hours. The reason is that the longer it soaks, the greater the properties of the rice absorbed by the water. Therefore, the greater the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Shake the rice until the water becomes whitish.
- Filter the water and it is ready to use.
Fermented rice water in one step
If, on the other hand, you have an extremely hectic life, but you still love taking care of your hair and you are looking for a quick way to make this product, I will show you how to get the fermented rice water in one step. It’s very fast and simple.
All you have to do is boil the rice and drain the water in a container and you are ready to go.
You can also decide to let the water ferment for 48 hours. Fermenting the water means letting it rest for about 48 hours in a covered container, in order to lower its pH. I recommend proceeding with the fermentation step. It is always advisable to apply products with a lower pH to your hair, especially if you have thin and fragile hair.
To stop the fermentation process, simply put the container in the fridge. You can keep the rice water in the fridge for a maximum of seven days. Make sure to put the water in an airtight container.
- Comb your hair well and divide it into sections. This will make the application easier.
- Pour the water into a spray container.
- Spray the water on your hair, making sure to moisten all the hair.
- When you are finished applying the product, massage the scalp for two or three minutes. Remember to use your fingertips to perform the massage and not the nails to avoid damaging the scalp. The massage will help the absorption of the product and stimulate circulation.
- Keep the product on your hair for one hour, then you can wash your hair with a natural shampoo.
Rice water as a natural deep conditioner
If you are looking for a completely natural deep conditioner that can help you fight hair loss, rice water is for you!
- To use this product as a deep conditioner, apply rice water on the hair, as we have seen previously. To be faster, you can pour rice water directly on your hair. In this case, I recommend you use a basin to collect the falling water so that you can reuse it and not waste it.
- When you have made sure that you have thoroughly moistened all your hair, massage the scalp for two or three minutes. The massage will help the absorption of the product and stimulate circulation.
- After massaging the skin, wrap your hair in transparent film or wear a shower cap. This will make the absorption of the product even more effective. Why? The cling film or the shower cap will create a warm microenvironment that dilates the pores, helping the absorption of the product.
- Keep the product on your hair for one hour, then you can wash your hair with a natural shampoo.
I love this deep conditioner and try to use it at least once a week. With this super treatment, your hair will be elastic, strong and super soft. These are just two of the ways we can use rice water. Are you ready to discover a third one?
Rice water as a shampoo
- The preparation is exactly the same as we saw before. You can click here to return to the previous step and see how to prepare rice water. I recommend you do not forget to dilute it.
- Apply the product on damp hair.
- Massage the skin and lengths for about 5 minutes to promote absorption.
- Make sure to wet every tiny part of your hair.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
- Leave your hair to dry in the air and do not use the hairdryer. In this way, you will not spoil the effect and effectiveness of the product.
Before moving on to the next remedy, I would like to talk about the optional ingredient, shampoo.
Why did I include it as an optional ingredient?
Because you can use rice water in addition to it. To do this, take the rice water you have prepared and mix it with your shampoo. As always, it is preferable that you use a natural shampoo.
Well, we have seen three ways to use rice water to fight hair loss. These three remedies are also excellent for those who, while not suffering from this problem, want healthier, stronger and thicker hair.
Omega 3 are essential fatty acids that our body is not able to produce itself. Of all the fatty acids, the most important, so let’s say the essential one for our health, is alpha-linoleic acid. However, it is also recommended to take PDA and DHA (eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid). Omega 3 is contained in animals, especially in aquatic ones, as well as vegetables.
Quantity of omega 3 to be taken daily: between 0.2 and 0.5 of the total calories.
In addition to promoting hair beauty, omega 3 is largely responsible for their health. Omega 3 also fights the dryness of the skin and, consequently, combats hair loss.
In other words, a lack of omega 3 causes skin and scalp dehydration. The dry skin, although it is not visible to the eye, is linked to some discomforts, among which the most present is certainly itching. When we scratch our head because we itch, we cause the peeling of dead skin cells, causing dreaded dandruff.
We can, therefore, see how an apparently trivial thing, like the lack of water, can actually cause disturbances from the slight to most annoying. So, let’s see the best foods to eat when you have these ailments.
Surely the first food for omega 3 quantities is bluefish, especially in their liver. In fact, cod liver oil is known for this very reason. I tried it, but I swear to you that it is difficult to swallow. It does not have a very pleasant taste. Let’s see what fish meat contains more omega 3:
- salmon and related oil (salmon = 500-1500 mg DHA + 300-1000 mg EPA),
- krill oil, tuna (especially ventresca),
- goggle or horse mackerel,
- sand eel,
- sprat or skullcap,
- herring, sardine,
- little tunny,
- frigate tuna,
- flying fish roe,
In particular, 12 walnuts would provide all the omega 3 that it would need daily.
Experts recommend taking two teaspoons a day raw. If you want to add it to soups or salads, you need to add about 20 grams or 6 teaspoons. In this way, you will get the same amount of omega 3 that you will get if you will eat it raw.
These seeds, in particular, contain a very high amount of omega-three, far superior to flax seeds and salmon. Chia seeds can be added to smoothies, fruit salads, and soups, but also to vegetable soups. For those who like the taste, they can also be taken raw. For example, I prepare a pudding based on chia, milk and coconut powder as a tasty snack. Let me know if you want the recipe. 😉
Green leafy vegetables
For those interested, I’ll leave you a couple of summary tables. In these tables, you will find the amount of alpha-linolenic acid present in the oil extracted from the seeds of different plants.
Name of the seeds
% of alpha-linolenic acid
This spice, since ancient times, has been known for its highly beneficial properties for the beauty and health of our hair. It is the perfect natural ingredient to eliminate dryness, excess fat production on the skin, and also to fight and prevent hair loss.
Regarding hair loss, this natural spice turns out to be a real cure-all. It stimulates blood circulation, nourishing the hair from the root. Cinnamon helps to eliminate the risk of dryness, not only of the hair itself but also of the hair follicles from which they are born. This allows the hair to be born strong and healthy.
Cinnamon is also known for its nourishing properties, as it is rich in vitamins and minerals, in particular:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1
Numerous masks and natural remedies can be created with cinnamon, which makes damaged hair shine and stronger. The various properties of cinnamon are further amplified if we add elements such as honey, olive oil, and also onion to these natural remedies.
Hair Mask with Cinnamon, Olive Oil, and Honey
Let’s see how to make a mask with olive oil and honey.
50 gr of honey
Mix all the ingredients listed above until you get a well-blended mixture
- Wash your hair as you usually do.
- After shampooing, apply the mask to the hair when it is still wet.
- Leave on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- And if it is your habit, proceed with the application of the conditioner.
CAUTION!! To give the mask a stronger smell, you can add a few drops of essential oil, the one you prefer.
You may be skeptical about using onion but I hope that from the last article, you changed your mind. As you may know, I too was skeptical at first. However, as soon as I saw the benefits it brought to my lengths, I had to change my mind. So now I want to share this with you!
Cinnamon and Onion hair mask
- Put a pan with water on a low flame.
- Add onion cut into small pieces and cinnamon.
- Boil for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool, and as soon as the mixture has reached room temperature, you can proceed with the application.
- Perform your usual shampoo and rinse.
- Apply the mask on the entire length of hair, but especially on the scalp.
- Massage for at least 5 minutes to promote absorption.
- Leave the mask on for about half an hour.
- Proceed with rinsing.
CAUTION!! Again, you can add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to the mask, to give it a more pleasant smell. You can also carry out the last rinse with the apple cider vinegar, in this way you will be sure that the smell of the onion will completely disappear.
If you want to intensify the effect of the mask, you can add 4 cloves of garlic to the cinnamon and onion hair mask. I tried both masks, and if you have more damaged hair and you need a mask with more effectiveness use this small variant. Given the strong smell of the ingredients, I recommend adding at least 10 drops of essential oil. You can add 5 drops of one fragrance and 5 of another. If you love one, in particular, add 10 of the same type.
In order to have visible results, it is important to repeat these steps twice a week, constantly and for a minimum of three months. This applies to all three masks.
Massages to stimulate and revitalize the hair
Massaging the hair, especially using lotions, can promote healthy hair. For example, already Julius Caesar, who suffered from baldness, tried to hide this problem by shaving his hair. At the same time, he tries to solve the problem of baldness by having his head massaged with nettle and chili-based compounds. The scalp massages, in addition to promoting the physical health of the hair, promote the absorption of all the products applied.
Benefits that massages bring to the scalp and therefore to our hair
Now let’s see the wide range of benefits that massages bring to the scalp and to our hair. They reactivate the microcirculation of the scalp.
- They reactivate the microcirculation of the scalp.
- Promote the absorption of nutrients into the scalp.
- They counteract the dryness of the skin, thus reducing the risk of baldness and the formation of dandruff. Massages also favor the production of sebum, which exerts a protective function on the skin.
- Promote relaxation and the elimination of stress. Stress, among other things, can be one of the major causes of baldness or diseases such as alopecia.
The best technique for carrying out a massage of the skin
But now, getting more concrete, I will tell you about what I consider the best technique for carrying out a massage of the skin. The technique involves:
- Tapping the entire scalp with your fingertips.
- Then proceeding, again with your fingertips, to perform a circular massage of all the skin.
As for the duration and intensity of the pressure of the massage, obviously these factors depend on the condition of your hair:
- If you have strong and healthy hair, the intensity can be greater, but obviously, without exaggerating, the duration can be about 15 minutes. Moreover, the massage, being intense and long, can be repeated once a week.
- If you have extremely brittle and thin hair, it is advisable to carry out light and short-lasting massages twice a week. Spend three or four days between one massage and another.
- If you have oily hair, although it is strong and healthy, I recommend you do a short and gentle massage once a week. In this way, you will avoid worsening the problem.
Which products to use?
As for the products with which to perform the massages, you can use argan oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil. You can also use more complex products that require preparation, for example, as mentioned above, cinnamon masks or rice water.
Derma Roller is also known by the name of micro-needling. We are speaking about an anesthetic technique that is carried out through a roller equipped with hundreds of small needles. When this roller runs on the scalp it creates micro-holes that favor the absorption of the applied products. The derma roller can be used not only on the scalp but on the whole crop. As I anticipated, I am trying it as a remedy against stretch marks.
How to use the derma roller to combat hair loss?
For example, when we are going to apply a hair or even a face mask, we can first use the derma roller and then proceed with the application of the mask. In this way, we will be sure that our skin will absorb the products better.
The roller, when passed on the skin, although painless, creates microscopic wounds that push our body to accelerate the reproduction of cells, thanks to the greater production of collagen, but also of growth hormones — basic elements for the health and strength of our hair, but also for the health and beauty of the skin.
In this regard, many specialists believe that among the functions performed from the cells, there are also functions relating to the stimulation of hair growth, especially in cases of baldness or alopecia.
Do you want to know if this remedy really works? Honestly, I have never tried it myself as a remedy for hair loss. I am trying it as a remedy for stretch marks, but I need a little more time before I can write about it.
As for hair loss, I did some research and there are clearly conflicting opinions. There are those who say it works miracles, but those who say it doesn’t work at all. It is difficult to get a precise idea of its validity. If any of you tried it, girls, I’m really curious to hear your feedback.
Well, girls, we’re done for today. I hope you enjoy these natural hair loss cure 2020, but above all, I hope you find them useful.
Let me know in the comments section your feedback. I can’t wait to read all your comments. 💬💌💬
See you in 2 weeks!😘